Medal has partnered up with Discord to offer all Medal users 1 free month of Nitro!
Here, we will provide step-by-step guides on how to redeem Nitro in Medal and provide answers in an FAQ below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to claim
- General Questions
- Discord Related Questions
- Medal Related Questions
- Where is the promotion available?
- Why can't I find the promotion on Android?
- I get the error message "The authorised account is already connected to a different Medal account" when I try to connect my Discord account
- I can't find the promotion on iOS or Desktop
- My question was not answered/I'm still having an issue claiming Nitro
How to claim
Before you can claim your free Nitro, you must connect your Discord Account to your Medal account.
How long will the promotion last?
The Medal x Discord Nitro promotion will last for 3 months, ending on September 19, 2022 6:59am GMT. After that time, no more codes will be issued and any existing codes that have not been redeemed can no longer be used.
How long does Nitro last?
Once redeemed, your Nitro subscription will last for 1 month. Once the free period ends, you will be charged unless you cancel your subscription.
Discord Related Questions
Who can redeem this promotion?
This promotion is only available to first time Nitro Subscribers, meaning you have not had Nitro before from signing up for a subscription, redeeming a previous Nitro promotion, gifted Nitro from a friend etc (Except Nitro Classic)
If you have had Nitro before, you cannot redeem this Nitro promotion.
Why does Discord want payment information?
This is part of Discord's verification system to confirm the payment information is correct and to prevent fraudulent use. Discord will also make a small temporary hold of $0.99 when you complete redemption. This transaction is refunded once completed.
I'm getting an error from Discord when I try to redeem Nitro
Medal Related Questions
Where is the promotion available?
The promotion is available on Desktop and iOS.
Unfortunately, the promotion is not available for Mac or iPad.
If you are seeing this error, this means that you most likely created an account with Medal without realizing. This can happen if you select Discord as a sign in/sign up option. If this is the case, you can log into that account by choosing the Discord option during sign in.
I can't find the promotion
If you are not seeing the Nitro promotion in your notifications or title bar, there are a couple things to check:
- Make sure your app is up to date
- You have a Discord account connected to your Medal account
- Make sure the connected Discord account has not had Nitro before (As mentioned here)
- You may need to restart the app;
- For Desktop, press Ctrl + R in the app to restart it
- For iOS, double press the Home button and swipe Medal away, then relaunch the app
- For Android, swipe Medal away from your Task Switcher
My question was not answered/I'm still having an issue claiming Nitro
If none of the answers above helped you with your question/issue, you can reach out!